master the art of timing
DEQX MATE™ • Processor
Master the art of timing
DEQX processors correct the distortion that all speakers make—electro-mechanical devices that they are—and offer room compensation as an added extra. While righting frequency-response errors as other units do, they also uniquely fix critical timing errors by adjusting thousands of frequency groups so that they arrive on time.
Other ‘room correction devices’ simply adjust amplitude response (uneven output at different frequencies) to offset room modes. But they can’t address the fine details of phase coherence; the group-delay timing issues that manifest in all real-world speakers.
The results are startling; two-channel and surround systems open up in a dramatic way when timing, phase and amplitude accuracy are restored to the speakers, with judicious room compensation added.
The DEQX Mate is an analog-in and out, two-channel processor sitting between your stereo preamp, or home theater processor/receiver (front left/right speakers), and power amplifier. It incorporates many features from our flagship HDP-4 Preamp Processor, the same audiophile-grade parts and new technology but in a set-and-forget package.
It also features a selection of Balanced (XLR) and Single ended (RCA) analog inputs and outputs and a new Zero Earth Leak High Isolation power supply.
The DEQX Mate is your friend; after correcting any existing speakers and room, it does the impossible by seamlessly integrating one or a pair of subwoofers into your system. So, after the initial setup, you won’t have to engage with anything except the music. And you can change the profile and bypass the correction filters from the front panel or remote control to hear the striking difference.
Correct your speakers first, then the room
In correcting the speakers—before the room—our comprehensive DEQX-Cal™ software generates correction filters for phase, timing coherence and frequency-response. Only then does DEQX-Cal measure from the listening area for room correction.
DEQX technology is unique
It corrects speaker frequency-response and timing errors by adjusting thousands of frequency groups, depending on your speakers’ measurements, so that they arrive at the correct time.
Traditional analog and digital EQ corrupts the timing coherence around the frequencies that they’re trying to equalize for volume. DEQX Processors slow down on-time and early-arriving frequencies so that slower frequencies can catch up.
That just can’t be done in the analog domain!
DEQX uses real computing horsepower to make that happen with a 240-megaflop, 32bit floating-point Digital Signal Processing Engine that essentially achieves zero distortion.
A DEQXpert agent can run the comprehensive DEQX Cal™ software for you on a secure, remote connection for a surprisingly affordable price. You’ll need a simple USB link to your PC (Windows compatible computer) using a measurement microphone and a broadband connection.
Or, if you prefer to calibrate it yourself, we can lend a hand via email or phone with tips and directions on getting the best from your setup.
- Provides DEQX Calibrated™ speaker correction for passive speakers
- Automatically corrects phase and group- delay over typically 3ms window
- Provides anechoic measurement and detailed display for speaker correction
- Provides room-measurement/display (non-anechoic) for room correction
- Provides DEQX-HD™ speaker correction for up to 3-way active speakers
- DEQX-HD™ active crossovers; 48dB/octave to 300dB/octave linear-phase
- 32-bit, floating-point, 240-MFLOPS processing with dual SHARC DSPs
- Audiophile 24-bit 96kHz ADC-DSP-DAC processing and conversion
- Four, user-defined ‘Profiles’ allow different crossovers, room-EQ, preferences
- Remote tone control provides full-spectrum parametric EQ with 100-presets
- DEQX integrated software measurement, correction and user-defined options
- Two analog inputs: Unbalanced (2 x RCA) and Balanced (2 x XLR)
- 90V-240VAC auto-sensing main voltage input; 30VA
- 1U high chassis; 1.75" H x 17" W x 11.5" D
- Online and telephone support
- Free downloadable software and firmware updates
- Automatically corrects frequency-response typically to plus/minus 0.5dB
- Integrate one or two subwoofers with main speakers with time-correction
- Patented low-latency FIR processing for speaker correction allows video use
- Auto and real-time manual Parametric EQ over measurement display
- Individual driver correction prior to crossover when actively implemented
- Traditional active 3-way crossovers from 6dB/octave to 48dB/octave
- Audiophile op-amps typically 300V/uSec slew-rate with high output drive
- Front-panel volume control and ‘Profile’ selection
- Remote controls; Volume, Profile, Input select, and Lo, Mid, Hi tone controls
- Analogue volume control maintains full DAC resolution at low listening levels
- Calibration Kit provides DEQX-calibrated measurement microphone
- Two stereo digital inputs: S/PDIF (1 x RCA) and AES/EBU (1 x XLR)
- Microphone input has 48V phantom power for DEQX Calibrated™ mics
- 19” rack-mount kit option available
- Membership of DEQX Users Group (online)
- Six analog outputs: unbalanced (6 x RCA)